As parents ourselves, we recognise that trust is one of the most important aspects to consider when looking after someone else's children. This is why we’ve embarked on a mission to support other parents by making the process of finding carers faster and simpler than ever before. In order to achieve that goal we need to screen all carers.
Our screening process is outlined below:
- We verify official government photo ID of each carer (a copy of their driver's license or passport).
- We match the photo ID with the carers profile picture.
- We match the name on the ID with the name on the carer’s profile.
- We match the name on the ID with the Working with Children Check information provided.
- Where available we verify the validity of the Working with Children Check against the issuing state’s database (this is availble for most states).
- We match the name on the ID with the name on the first aid Certificate of Attainment.
- We verify that the email address supplied by the carer is valid and can be accessed by the carer.
- We verify that the mobile phone number supplied by the carer is valid and can be accessed by the carer.
- Sitters also have the option of linking their Facebook account. In order to do that successfully, the carer’s Facebook name and email address must be the same as the one on their Sittr profile. Where a carer has verified their Facebook account, this will be visible on their profile.