20th March 2020
No doubt you would have heard from many of the companies that you deal with on a regular basis about their responses to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Sittr team has been monitoring the situation closely and while we have not had any reported cases in our community, we felt that it was important to reach out to clarify our policies.
Advice For Carers
- As per our usual protocols, if you are feeling unwell before a booking you should inform the family and not attend the job. Cancellations are stressful for parents as well so please try to give as much notice as possible and make sure you cancel in the app to ensure parents receive their refund swiftly.
- As per the Government’s guidelines, if you have recently returned from overseas or been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 you should be self-isolating and must not attend bookings.
- If you feel unwell or develop symptoms after completing a job, please contact your local health authority to determine if you need to be tested and provide any relevant information to help with tracing your recent contacts, including any families you have recently worked for.
Advice For Parents
- If anyone in your family is unwell, please disclose this to your carer so that they can make the choice as whether to attend the booking or not. Please be mindful that while COVID-19 does not appear to affect younger people as severely, some of our carers may have family members who are at greater risk or may themselves have conditions that can increase the severity of an infection.
- As per the Government’s guidelines, if you or a family member have recently returned from overseas or been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 you should be self-isolating and must not make a booking during this time.
- If you or a family member feel unwell or develop symptoms after hiring a carer through Sittr, please contact your local health authority to determine if you need to be tested and provide any relevant information to help with tracing your recent contacts, including the carer you hired.
- Please be mindful that if a carer cancels due to illness they will be doing this out of care for you and your family. While it may be inconvenient at the time, it will be better in the long run if it avoids infecting you or a family member. In the case of a cancellation by a carer you will receive a full refund as per our cancellation policy.
We understand that this is a stressful time. We thank you for your patience and understanding and apologise if any of these policies cause any inconvenience. While Sittr is committed to maintaining operations during this critical time in order to support families that rely on our carers, the safety and wellbeing of our community is the priority.
If you need any help at this time, please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are already receiving a high volume of contacts and will be prioritising support cases during this time, but will attempt to get back to all requests as quickly as we can.