At Sittr, safety and trust are the highest priority for the parents, their children and the Sittr carers. Accidents can happen, it’s a fact of life. Therefore it is imperative that carers know how to manage a medical emergency if something should occur.
All carers that apply to work for Sittr must hold a current First Aid certification. Qualified training centres around the country run these courses every day and the information is relatively simple to learn and retain.
Prices do vary, however as a Sittr Member you can access our preferential pricing with St John First Aid, undoubtedly the top training organisation in the country. To book in with St John and receive the Sittr discount, fill in the booking form at the link below:
We don’t mind where you obtain your certification, as long as the course was completed in Australia, is a nationally accredited course conducted by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and was completed in the last 3 years.
Our preferred course numbers are:
These courses typically include:
- Legal issues
- Infection control
- DRSABCD action plan
- Managing the unconscious breathing casualty
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- First aid kits
- Chest pain
- Asthma (vital for caring for children)
- Allergic reactions and Anaphylaxis (vital for caring for children)
- Wounds and bleeding
- Safety and risk management
- Fractures, sprains, strains, dislocations
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Facial and eye injuries
- Heat induced illness, cold induced illness
- Bites and stings
- Other medical emergencies
If you have any further questions about our First Aid requirements, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or via the chat window on this page.